Kiwanis members dedicate more than six million volunteer hours and invest more than $100 million in service projects to strengthen communities and serve children every year.
· Baby Safety Month The Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association Inc. (JPMA), a national trade organization of juvenile-product manufacturers devoted to helping parents keep babies safe, is disseminating information to parents, grandparents, and other child caregivers about baby safety. For a free brochure, enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope, indicate whether you would like this in English or Spanish, and send to: ATTN: JPMA Safety Brochure, JPMA PR Dept, 17000 Commerce Parkway, Ste C, Mount Laurel, New Jersey 08054.
· Children's Eye Health and Safety Month Prevent Blindness America directs its educational efforts to common causes of eye injuries and common eye problems among children. Materials that can easily be posted or distributed to the community will be provided. For info: Prevent Blindness America, 500 E. Remington Road, Schaumburg, Illinois 60173; phone, 800-331-2020.
· Children's Good Manners Month This is a national program of teachers and parents encouraging good manners in children. For info: "Dr. Manners," Fleming Allaire, PhD, 35 Eastfield Street, Manchester, Connecticut 06040; phone, 860-643-0051.
· Library Card Sign-Up Month National effort to sign up every child for a library card. For info: American Library Association, Public Information Office, 50 #. Huron Street, Chicago, Illinois 60611; phone: 312-280-5043; e-mail.
· National Humor in Business Month Dedicated to creating awareness of the constructive and profitable ways humor in business can contribute to organizational success. For info: Darren J. La Croix, The Humor Institute, PO Box 557, Auburn, Massachusetts 01501; phone, 888-528-4451.
· National Piano Month Recognizes the United States' most popular instrument and its more than 20 million players. Also encourages piano study by people of all ages. For info: Donald W. Dillon, executive director, National Piano Foundation, 13140 Coit Road, Suite 320, LB 120, Dallas, Texas 75240-5737; phone, 972-233-9107; e-mail.
· National Sewing Month Celebrates the art, craft, and hobby of sewing. The month-long celebration includes special sales, promotions, and education programs directed at increasing awareness of sewing. For info: Home Sewing Association, 1350 Broadway, Suite 1601, New York, New York 10018. Phone: 212-714-1633.
· International Day of Prayer and Action for Habitat for Humanity To further the goal of eliminating inadequate and poor housing. For info: Habitat for Humanity, 121 Habitat Street, Americus, Georgia 31708-3498; phone, 800-HABITAT or 912-924-6935.
· Elephant Appreciation Day Celebrate the Earth's largest, most interesting, and most noble endangered land animal. Free info kit from: Wayne Hepburn, Mission Media Inc., PO Box 50095, Sarasota, Florida 34232; phone, 941-365-7787; e-mail.
· Kiwanis Kids Day Annual observance by Kiwanis clubs to recognize today's children as tomorrow's citizens. For info: Kiwanis International.
· Ancestor Appreciation Day A day to learn about and appreciate one's ancestors. For info: W. D. Chase, AAD Association, PO Box 3, Montague, Michigan 49437-0003.
For Email contacts on the above click the following: http://classic.kiwanis.org/pr/inciter/
Back to Richmond Kiwanis Introduction Page